A successful web site design ensures that the visitor easily finds the info he came seeking. The design needs to be so that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Apart from being able to satisfy the visitor, your website design should also be equally popular with search engines so that they rank your website on top of search results. It is extremely difficult to satisfy both humans in addition to search engines as both these have different requirements. The secret to success lies in being able to integrate the requirements both in a website design that is approved by humans and also search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Choosing the type of website design depends on the type of business and element the business owners. All these website designs might be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of web site design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
When you just need a few pages on your own website and do not want the info to change, a static design is the better bet. The information on a static site remains the same and has no changes happening in lifetime of time. Static websites are manufactured in HTML and CSS. These are very easy to develop and are easily indexed by search engines like google. However they are weak in terms of completing complex tasks. Another major setback is that static websites have to be manually updated and that is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
A dynamic website design can deliver dynamic information. This implies depending on changes happening, the website information would be automatically updated according to a few criteria. A dynamic web design usually is built on content management platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only real disadvantage is that this kind of website is difficult to build as well as is not easily classified by search engines. The different CMS platforms up with these dynamic websites are built are
· Drupal- Built and utilised by a lot of very active people around the globe Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system you can use to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is the very popular content management system used largely by individuals, small businesses and big organizations. It is very an easy task to create a website using Joomla being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress can also be free to use. You get to discover a lot of plugins that will ensure you have the website you have always wanted. WordPress is very simple to use and also you can edit information on the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
If you run an online business as well as the website involves sales you might want to consider an e-commerce website. A good platform remains non messy helping you take care of each of the technical aspects of your website. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to select from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- A high level newbie with intentions of earning a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a great consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto can also be SEO ready with means that you have very little make an effort to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, that is easy to set up and assist. The popularity makes vid very common platform that is a downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you have a number of add-ons that can easily do just fine.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform with all the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products in a number of categories.
· Volusion- Although it has a small startup prize, volusion includes a good collection of designs. The downside is that it is a hosted service which enable it to go down anytime.
There are numerous more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any kind of these wonderful platforms ensures your web site performs as required.