A successful website design ensures that the visitor easily finds the knowledge he came looking for. The design needs to be in a way that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Apart from being able to satisfy the visitor, the website design should also be equally attracting search engines so that they rank your website on top of search results. It is extremely difficult to satisfy both humans and also search engines as those two have different requirements. The secret lies in being able to integrate the requirements of both in a website design that is certainly approved by humans in addition to search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Picking out the type of website design depends upon the type of business and requirement of the business owners. All these website designs can be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of website design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
Once you just need a few pages on your website and do not want the knowledge to change, a static design is the best bet. The information over a static site remains to be the same and has no changes happening in length of time. Static websites are created in HTML and CSS. They are very easy to develop and therefore are easily indexed by search engines like yahoo. However they are weak with regards to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is the fact that static websites have to be manually updated and this is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
An engaged website design can deliver dynamic information. Therefore depending on changes happening, the website information would be automatically updated using a few criteria. An engaged web design usually is built on cms platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only real disadvantage is that this type of website is difficult to build and also is not easily indexed by search engines. The different CMS platforms on with these dynamic websites are designed are
· Drupal- Built and utilised by a lot of very active people all over the world Drupal is an open source content management platform. It is a free system which can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This can be a very popular content management system used usually by individuals, small businesses and big organizations. It is very easy to create a website using Joomla as a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress can also be free to use. You get to find a lot of plugins that will ensure you have the website you've always dreamed of. WordPress is very simple to operate and also you can edit facts about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In the event you run an online business as well as the website involves sales you might like to consider an e-commerce website. A fantastic platform remains non messy so it helps you take care of all of the technical aspects of the website. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to select from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- If you are a newbie with intentions of earning a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a good consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto is additionally SEO ready with means that you have very little attempt to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this really is easy to set up and assist. The popularity makes this a very common platform the industry downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you recruit a number of add-ons that can easily do just fine.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform with all the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products inside a number of categories.
· Volusion- Although it has a small startup prize, volusion carries a good collection of designs. The downside is that it is a hosted service and may go down anytime.
There are numerous more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any one these wonderful platforms ensures your internet site performs as required.